The strawberry season is back in full swing – one of my absolute highlights of the year! When the strawberry fields open the gates, I’m the first to crouch among the strawberry plants with a basket, picking. Fresh from the field, the sweet fruit tastes best. To really celebrate the season this year, I created this incredibly delicious Strawberry Cream Cake. Inspired by the new and limited Baileys edition – Strawberries & Cream.
It doesn’t look like it, but you can not imagine how easy it is to prepare this cake. For me it’s always important to have fun baking. Unfortunately this fun is gone if you have to spend hours in the kitchen. I also wanted to get as fast as possible to the second best part of this pie. Decorating. (The best part, of course, is eating it.) As you can see, this has become a real strawberry wonderland.
A fluffy chocolate cake base, mascarpone cream and fruity-sweet strawberry sauce
These three components just complement each other really well. That’s pure pleasure for me! And the cream liqueur puts the icing on top of it all. I used it to refine the mascarpone cream and the strawberry sauce.
The chocolate cake base consist of a simple dough, which is stirred together in 5 minutes. Thanks to sparkling water, it is wonderfully fluffy and light. Incidentally, I opted for a chocolaty variant here, because it’s a great contrast to the creamy and fruity filling. Both tasteful and appealing to the eye.
The strawberry sauce is pretty much the simplest thing about this recipe. Stir the strawberry jam (without pieces) with a little bit of Baileys and finish the fruity-sweet sauce.
For the mascarpone cream, all you have to do is whip the cream and combine with mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, Baileys Strawberries & Cream and strawberry jam. Then off in the piping bag with a nice grommet on the front and off you go!
Finally, of course, a decent layer of fresh strawberries should not be missing. Pure pleasure for real sweet tooths! But of course only the adult ones. 😉
Remember: You only get the Baileys Strawberries & Cream for a short time. And: please drink responsibly!
For the chocolate base:
- 180 g sugar
- 120 g rapeseed oil
- 150 ml milk
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 300 g spelled flour (or wheat flour)
- 135 g cornstarch
- 75 g baking cocoa
- 1 bag baking powder
- 285 ml sparkling water
For the mascarpone cream:
- 150 g mascarpone
- 150 g cream cheese
- 75 g powdered sugar
- 75 g strawberry jam
- 75 ml Baileys Strawberries & Cream
- 150 g whipping cream
- 2 bags cream stabilizer
For the strawberry sauce:
- 200 g strawberry jam
- 6 tbsp Baileys Straberries & Cream
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C circulating air.
- Mix sugar, rapeseed oil, milk and apple cider vinegar well.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, cocoa and baking powder over it and stir gently.
- Add the sparkling water and stir until smooth. The dough should not be processed too long, otherwise it will not be fluffy. So just stir until all the ingredients have just joined!
- Lay out the bottom of three equal springform pans (18 cwith baking paper and add the dough.
- !!! If you have only one pan, divide the ingredients into three parts and stir each one seperately.
- After 25 minutes in the preheated oven, the chocolate bases are ready. Then let cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the mascarpone cream.
- Put the mascarpone, cream cheese, strawberry jam and Baileys in a bowl and stir creamy with the mixer.
- Add the icing sugar and stir in briefly.
- Beat the whipping cream with the cream stabilizer and then lift it under the mascarpone cream.
- For the sauce, stir jam and Baileys until smooth.
- The cake bottoms should have formed a light hood in the oven. Cut them straight to create three even bases.
- Now layer everything to a cake and decorate with fresh strawberries.
If you’d like to see how I make my photos, like this delicious cake, check out A Look Behind My Camera for some insights.